Lemon Oregano Farro Salad
- 1 C. farro (barley, wild rice or wheat berries also work well)
- 3 C. boiling water
- ½ C. chives or scallion, chopped
- 1 C. fresh corn, shaved from cob
- 6 oz. ricotta salata, cubed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ C. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 oz. baby arugula
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, add farro to boiling water. Let simmer for 40 minutes. Drain.
- When farro is nearly cooled to room temperature, add lemon zest and juice, olive oil and chopped oregano.
- Shave corn from cob, chop chives and cheese.
- Toss in cheese, corn and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in baby arugula just before serving.